Sunday, September 24, 2017

Christian Music - Michael English - Please Forgive Me

"When I reflect on this past year (March 2010), I know there are so many things I’m so grateful for. Too many things to even count, my family, my being a part of the Gaither Vocal Band, my wife, daughters and granddaughter. I do, however have one particular incident I can say I’m especially thankful for. Almost exactly one year ago I found out I needed surgery on my neck. I knew the risks going in, and one was that my vocal chords could possibly be damaged during the operation.

Due to the skill of the surgeon, the procedure was a success. However, as predicted, my vocal chords did experience some damage. Whether or not the damage was permanent had yet to be determined. According to the experts, if the vocal chords hadn’t recovered by a certain time, the damage would have been permanent. My voice did not recover by the given time and I began to wonder if I needed to find a new line of work. But we serve a tremendous God who doesn’t have to confine His mercy to expert opinion. 

My voice not only eventually recovered, but it is stronger than before to do solo concerts again. When people say we serve an awesome God, I can say this past year I experienced His incredible mercy and grace once again in my life and for that I am truly grateful."
Michael English



No comments: