Friday, December 11, 2015

Christian Music - Amber Thompson - Bread Upon the Water

"There’s a lot of young people that are going through that right now and compromising is such a hard thing. You know, the core of it all is just about being loved and everybody wants to be loved and accepted.

(Amber auditioned for American Idol and was presented with a huge temptation that would have caused her to compromise)

What I went through with Idol was the same thing. They wanted me to change everything about me so that they would like me.

It’s almost like saying, yeah, you’re good but not good enough. If you would do this, if you would change your looks, change your voice and change your style of music, you’d be good enough for our world.

You know, when I turned it down, it wasn’t easy because they were offering money, they were offering a contract, they were offering fame and fortune, you know, all the stuff and so, even for me, I’m a firm believer in the Word, and I’m in it daily and it’s still hard. It’s very hard to turn something like that down. It’s hard for me to even admit that it even crossed my mind that maybe it would be nice.

But you know, the Lord just grabbed my heart and said “No, No, No, No, I brought you into this world to serve me, and I brought you to where you are now to continue to serve me. You wouldn’t be where you are if you hadn’t served me”.
Amber Nelon Thompson



No comments: