Sunday, October 6, 2013

Christian Music - JJ Heller - Who You Are

Please share the background message behind the song "Who You Are."

"We were thinking about how in our early twenties we got married, and we bought a house, and it was a celebration. Then in our later twenties, we started to experience a lot of heartbreak in watching family members pass away, friends getting divorced and losing houses. It was a time of heaviness, and I've noticed that when something hurtful happens, my first response is to ask God why is He allowing bad things to happen. Why isn't He stopping it? I've noticed that His answer to my question isn't a lengthy explanation of all of His reasons, but He asks me if I trust Him. The song "Who You Are" is about even when we can't see what God is doing, we can trust His character and know that He is good. We can look back on our own lives and see His faithfulness. We can see that in the Scriptures. We see over and over how God takes the most dire circumstances and finds a way to redeem them."
J.J. Heller




No comments: